Weeks 141 and 142: Findings chapter

The draft chapter of findings will soon be complete. I’ve been revising the presentation and narrative explanations of my findings, and over the next few days, I will add some translations. The target next week is to finalise the chapter.

There seems to be a great deal of disciplinary variation in presenting results from qualitative analysis. I spent eight months working out how to organise my data and present sufficient evidence. I first organised my findings by research question and second by relating back to the order of my framework. Reviewing my supervisors’ feedback, I eventually made a major change to the presentation by focusing on frequency and best examples of the data.

Throughout the path of presenting my findings, I have finally started to feel like I am becoming an ‘ethnographer’ who can translate her experience into a story to tell the reader.



My achievements in Weeks 141 and 142

  • finished revisions of the findings chapter

Goals for Week 143

  • finalise the draft chapter