I attended a session titled Project Management, which was very useful.
The tutor showed us some methods for applying a scientific model of corporate or programme management to an academic environment. Three factors: cost, time and scope, represented as the Triple Constraint triangle model was interesting. It gives you a clear idea of how to balance each factor in your project. I found a useful website Program Success, which explains the model in detail.
Good project management is all about control, completion and quality definition. The tutor stressed planning the project weekly.
- set blocks per week
- set weekly goals
- keep weekly achievements
Here’s my note.
My achievements from Week 8
- made a substantial change in my research protocol and submitted it
- joined two research seminars
Goals for the next week are to
- prepare for a supervision meeting
- attend three training sessions
- do more student-led activities in my class
- work on writing literature review